The vast majority of criminal cases are charged at the state level. In New York, criminal charges are typically brought by the district attorney of each county in that county’s Supreme Court. Common criminal charges at the state level include:
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI)
- Narcotics possession and distribution
- Rape, sexual assault and other sex crimes
- Embezzlement and other white collar crimes
- Homicide, assault and other violent crimes
State criminal charges can be resolved in a number of ways. In many cases, with the help of a skilled lawyer, it is possible to obtain a favorable plea bargain, but in some cases, it is necessary to go to trial. Our attorneys have an extensive record of success on both fronts.
The sooner you contact an attorney, the sooner he or she can take action to protect your rights. Whether you have been placed under investigation or already charged with a crime, do not hesitate to contact us to schedule a consultation.